Seriously Subversive: Wearing Hundreds of Hats and Loving Every Minute of It

If you have recently discovered my work as a political activist, this piece, "Wearing Hundreds of Hats and Loving Every Minute of It," over at Hypervocal.com, provides some details about who I am, what I am about, and why I have committed to a battle on behalf of the indentured educated class.


It is a real honor to be part of this eclectic crew of people who write for HyperVocal’s Entourage.
I’m not going to go into a long, boring introduction, because I like my readers to be awake when they’re reading my stuff. So, I’ll get to the point: I wear several hundred hats, just like most of us do these days. First and foremost, I run a non-profit for student loan debtors called All Education Matters and battle the politics of hate towards struggling, hard-working, educated Americans every day.
I love it. I created my own job, and I did it when I was living in South Korea. I was a teacher over there last year and also launched a 501(c)(4) for voiceless student loan debtors back here in the United States. That is going beautifully, and politicians are now responding more readily -– it’s kinda hard to believe! For instance, I was in Washington DC this past August, and will be returning to represent millions of student loan debtors again in November; meetings with the “bosses” are already being set up.
I am also an investigative journalist and have written, and write, for a number of media outlets. It’s a struggle to be a freelance writer, but I wouldn’t change it for the world. I don’t even make peanuts at this point. I don’t even think I could say I make peanut shells right now. But you know what? I don’t care, because I wake up every single day and work hours and hours on end, and forget about eating and forget I have a dog and a husband. That’s because I am obsessed with my work, and I turned this passion into a job. As I said, I love it. Every day offers something new, and every day I meet someone different, and all of these people are so damned smart and open and honest. 
Read the piece in its entirety here.